AAAAAAAAAAH. WHAT A FANTASTIC EPISODE. Caleb was blindsided, Ciera was a Goddess, and Katie was… just kind of there?
Anyway, down to the ranking!
7. Katie- She’s hanging on by the skin of her teeth at this point. Which should be great for her, but she’s just so bland on TV that it’s hard to pull for her for any reason other than her situation. Everybody loves an underdog, and Katie’s struggle is great. But at the same time, her personality and demeanor are just so calm and relaxed that it’s hard to get excited about her.
6. Caleb- On the bottom again, even though he got eliminated. I feel like if he had gotten more airtime throughout the season, he would have been a lot higher. But alas, I think his relatively low-energy demeanor held him back, same as Katie. Both probably wouldn’t have been cast if it hadn’t been for their loved ones, which is fine, since both have brought different things to the season. Without Caleb, Brad and Monica might be dominating the game right now, (Which would be a lot less interesting). So I’m thankful that he was on the season, but I’m not shedding any tears about his elimination.
5. Monica- Immunity Goddess! GET IT. GET IT GIRL. I’m so surprised that her edit has dropped down, because I’d expect her to get tons of airtime due to her winning streak. I hope her paranoia doesn’t get the best of her, and I hope that others don’t see her a jury goat. I really do think that she can make a case to win. Do I think she will? I don’t know, it really depends who she’s up with. But I hope she gets a legitimate shot and doesn’t turn into a Sherri.
4. Gervase- If Gervase was shown a bit more, I think he’d be in the top spot. Unfortunately, we only see his reactions to other people’s plans, not him coming up with really complex plans of his own, (Which isn’t true, he was probably out there strategizing 24/7. But it’s all about what the editors choose to show). He’s just this chill, relaxed guy who’s put himself into a great strategic position. I hope that he gets credit if he makes Final 3, (Which he probably will), and that he won’t just be seen as Tyson’s goat. Because I think that Gervase plays a BIG part in the alliance and I’m sad that we aren’t being shown that half.
3. Hayden- FINALLY, we get to see Hayden start to struggle in the game. My problem with Hayden in BB was that he was never in real danger. It’s hard to root for somebody who’s basically guaranteed a win, (yeah, I’m also looking at Kim from One World). Hayden’s a really cool guy who’s incredibly adept at strategizing, and now we get to see what he can do with his back up against the wall. I’m excited!
2. Tyson- I continue to love Tyson. I’m really glad that they’re balancing his humor and his strategy. I was afraid he’d turn into a Coach… somebody who was awesome the first time around and a total gamebot the second time. But his dry, sarcastic, ass-holey sense of humor continues to delight me. I love that he isn’t afraid to make moves, and isn’t afraid to take credit for the moves. His bold style of gameplay might have screwed him over in the past, but it’s really helping him out this time around.
1. Ciera- THIS GIRL. I’M DEAD. I CAN’T HANDLE HER. I don’t know what we did to deserve such a Goddess gracing our screens, but I guess God smiled down on us. I don’t care whether her moves are perceived as good or not. I’m aware that we’re seeing three days worth of footage in a forty-five minute span. I’m not going to presume to know better about Ciera’s game than she did. Going to the Final Three with Hayden and Caleb was probably a terrible idea for Ciera. Going with Tyson and Gervase is probably a lot better for her. It’s impossible for viewers to know everything that goes behind moves; because there’s SO MUCH that we don’t see. And it’s usually the smaller things. How often contestants make other’s laugh. The secret deals that go on. Pre-game alliances. There are SO many factors that viewers don’t see, so I won’t judge Ciera for making what was mostly likely a good decision. And even if it wasn’t a good decision… who cares? It was fantastic television. That’s what I tune in for. I love her. And all I want is to be her friend. <3